Airspace AGS™ solid state technology makes Airspace monitors easy to use and great values with exceptionally low cost of ownership. Here’s why:
- Quick view – advantages offered by AGS™ solid state technology.
- A constant status check confirms the sensor is functioning. That feature eliminates the hassle, expense and liability of routinely bump testing to look at the sensor as is required with every other portable monitor.
- No calibration is necessary. We guarantee our sensor will hold its calibration for five years. If it should wander in that time, we will replace it without charge.
- We offer the industries only five year warranty. Every part of the monitor is warranted for five years, except the AA batteries that power it.
- The monitor self manages. Training is reduced to sliding on the switch and waiting a few seconds for a green status light. The green status light is confirming the sensor is functioning, the electronics are good and the sensor has a good "zero" – all automatically.
- We self "zero". Contamination, for example, is probably the most common problem in sensors – resulting in frequent need to recalibrate in older technologies. Our monitor will burn off most contamination and return itself to zero – automatically. During that time the monitor will make you aware there is a problem. Simply make sure it has good batteries and place the monitor in clean air for a while – no re-calibration necessary.
All sensors, including ours, can be overwhelmed by some contaminants – holding a monitor in the exhaust of a vehicle, for example – or spraying with alcohol or silicone based cleaners. Again, our monitor will tell you it has been damaged when you turn it on – you don't need to bump test to find that out. In most cases it will clean itself, but, like any sensor, it can be overwhelmed by mishandling.
- Our technology stores without degrading. A specially designed case allows atmospherically neutral storage. That ability will eliminate a large percentage of the problems other monitors experience from degradation and contamination while not being used.
- The AI-1201 dual gas model is an exceptional value. It is constantly looking for carbon monoxide and flammable gases. We calibrate the LEL side of the monitor to methane since that can also be a silent gas, but it will "see" most of the hydrocarbon gases like; gasoline, natural gas, propane, hydrogen, acetylene, etc. The ability to see if the ambient air is saturating with an explosive gas and monitor the trend can be lifesaving for first responders and others working around those gases.
- Airspace monitors are not disposables. A new sensor can be installed every five years. The cost is presently $175.00. That feature brings costs down even more dramatically.