CO Incidents reported 7/14/16

There were several CO related incidents in the news over the past few days. Here they are, in no particular order. Click on the links to read the news stories:


In St. George, Utah – The St. George News reported on the accidental CO death. They reported that “The victim had been operating gas-powered equipment inside the home prior to being found unconscious.


The Lincoln Journal-Star reported on a CO incident at an apartment building caused by a malfunctioning water heater. It was reported that this was a Hazmat Level 2. According to the paper, “A Hazmat Level 2 emergency was declared after carbon monoxide levels of 500 parts per million were detected in an upper floor apartment of one of the three buildings in the complex.”


In Wilmington, Delaware the news website Delaware Online reported on firefighters being dispatched for a home fire, instead finding an activated CO alarm and a home filled with CO. The source reported that “A check of the adjacent home on North Harrison Street revealed a gasoline-powered generator running inside the residence…”